Howard Geneslaw to Speak at NJICLE’s Land Use Basics Program
Howard D. Geneslaw, Esq., a Director in the Gibbons Real Estate Land Use and Development practice group, will speak at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s (NJICLE) annual program “Land Use Basics” on June 13, 2012. Mr. Geneslaw’s topic will be redevelopment law.
The all-day program is designed to provide practitioners with a roadmap for navigating the land use maze. All of the speakers serve on the Board of Directors of the Land Use Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
The program will cover the following additional topics:
- Fundamentals: Municipal Land Use Law & Regulation
- Strategy: Assessing the Entitlement Process
- Obtaining the Approval: Application, Notice and Hearing Process
- The Post-Approval Process: Resolution Compliance
- Effect of Approvals & Vested Rights
- Litigating the Action in Lieu of Prerogative Writs
- Ethical Considerations
- Affordable Housing Obligations
The program will be held at the Wilshire Grand in West Orange, New Jersey, and is approved for continuing legal education (CLE) credits in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.