Upcoming Gibbons Institute Event – “USPTO Patent Post-Issuance Proceedings Under the America Invents Act” – May 6
On Tuesday, May 6, the Gibbons Institute of Law, Science & Technology will host, “USPTO Patent Post-Issuance Proceedings Under the America Invents Act: Considerations Impacting the Healthcare and Technology Sectors,” at 5:00 pm in the Metropolitan Room of the Newark Club. In-house patent counsel from Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, IBM, and Alcatel-Lucent are among the featured panelists.
- Lisa Samuels, Senior Corporate Counsel, Pfizer Inc., Patent Department
- Kimberly Prior, Senior Patent Counsel, Johnson & Johnson
- Ken Corsello, IP Law Site Counsel, IBM Corporation
- Carl Bilicska, Corporate Counsel, Alcatel-Lucent, Intellectual Property Department
- Thomas J. Bean, Director, Gibbons Intellectual Property Department
- Robert E. Rudnick, Director, Gibbons Intellectual Property Department
More than 18 months have passed since the first petitions for patent post-issuance proceedings were filed in the USPTO in September 2012. Featuring insights from representatives of IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and others, this program will examine lessons learned over this time, with a special emphasis on emerging strategies and other considerations impacting the Healthcare and Technology Sectors.
The cost to attend this event is $30, which includes CLE credits (2.0 CLE credits are being offered for New Jersey and New York), reception, and parking.